CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

FINALLY

Hello there, it seems like it has been forever since I have posted anything, so I am going to try to change that. I have gotten into "trouble" from a few people about not updating. There are so many things to post, that I do not know where to begin.
Breann tore her ACL on the skiing trip, so we have been working on that. We finally had the surgery April 2nd. She is doing about as well as can be expected. Sore, but she is quite a trooper. We begin a 3 a week physical therapy regimen. She is sort of nervous about that. We are praising the Lord that he healed parts of her knee that we thought was going to have to be surgically repaired. God is great!!
March 19th we found out that my Dad has melanoma bone cancer. So Michael and the girls and I went to Illinois to see them. We left on good Friday and Michael and the girls came back on Monday. I stayed for another week and came back on the Amtrack train Monday morning. My Daddy started the chemo pills on Sunday. He is feeling about as well as we can expect. I will be truthful it is very hard to be here when part of my heart wants to be with my family in Illinois. Sort of like I want to be in two places at once.
Our biggest prayer request is that the chemo will begin to work and that we see a shrinkage in the tumors.
So that has been my life in a nutshell. I will post some pictures of Breann's 15th birthday, and of our visit to Illinois.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Welcome back!!!
We will continue to pray...
I understand completely about the wanting to be in the two places at once...just keep praying. And yes, God is great!!!

sixbehrs said...

I'm glad the surgery is over and done, and I'll pray that her recovery is smooth. You've been under tons of stress. Please stop by again, and we'll have another frappucino :-)Nothing like a little laughter and caffeine to chase the blues away (even if just for a while :-) Love you!

Deb Echols said...

Welcome back!! We have missed you! So glad Breann's surgury is over, I will continue to pray for her and your Dad. I totally understand how you want to be in two places at once. I feel that way most of the time. It is hard to have loved ones so far away.