CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Roses are Red






Today I planted roses in my Daddy's memory. There was nothing he liked
better than to work in his yard and in his rose beds. So I decided to take some of my memorial money and plant a few really nice rose bushes. I got them from common sense green house. They are just so beautiful. I cannot believe that if you count the Friday's he will be gone a month already. I am finally doing a lot better. I returned to Nebraska the 19th and had a really hard time being alone, but after a week of solitude and oh yeah a nice hospital visit. (I spent Memorial weekend in the hospital passing a kidney stone. Wow what fun LOL) I
am doing much better. I think that I am finally back to the land of the living. I know for a fact that my Dad would not want me to disappear from life. So I thank you so very much for all your cards and prayers. I hope to see you all soon.

7 comments:

Blackmans said...

I'm still thinking and praying for you. The roses are beautiful!

Charlie said...

Sorry to hear of the Kidney stone. I'm really glad that you are doing better. I think the memorial roses is a great way to honor the remembrance of your Daddy. Tend to them, care for them and show them love. Praying that your heart will continue to be comforted. Stay strong!

sixbehrs said...

That's really cool! I think that's a great way to remember him, and it will give you something to look forward to as they bloom each year. You're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to honor your daddy. I am sorry you were sick and were alone. I know he would be so proud of you for your love of flowers.
Still Praying for all of you. HOw is your mom?

Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

Hey "sis". I am so sorry you had kidney stones. Been there done that and would rather have a baby! Ouch!
The roses are beautiful. Smile big when you water them and look at them, because you know he is smiling right back at you!
Love Ya.

Anonymous said...

What a good way to remember your dad. I bet he looked down on you and enjoyed seeing you plant the roses. I hope you keep feeling better each day.

teddybears place said...

so beautiful like the love you have for your father