CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Being thankful!!!!

This year Thanksgiving has another meaning to me. I know that normally we are "thankful" for so many tings, but wow this year has to be at the top of my "thankful years". Let me explain. On the 10th of November Michael had to call the ambulance to come out to the house because I passed out at 2:00am and he could not wake me. So off to the Imperial hospital we went. It turns out that I was in the middle of a terrible Lupus flare up. I spent the next 7 days in the hospital being given iv steroids in great quantities, and some pain medicine because when I passed out I hit the back of my head so hard that it caused a concussion.
As most of you know that my parents had just visited and they returned to Illinois the 5th. But being the type of wonderful parents they are they turned around and headed back to be here with us to help out. It is so difficult to explain how I felt when they walked into my hospital room that Wed. it was as if I knew things were going to be alright. Thank you Mom and Daddy for being here when we needed you the most. We love you so much!
I finally convinced the doc's to let me come home on Friday night and it was only because Mom and Daddy were here 24/7 that doc. agreed to let me come home.
I am gaining strength each and every day, and it is only thru prayers and the love of all of you who called and came to visit. Please continue to pray. We are headed to the Mayo clinic the 2nd. of December, pray for the wisdom of the Doctors we are going to be seeing, and for me to have the strength to endure all that we are going to face.
So this year the word Thanksgiving means so much more to me. I have so much to be thankful for the Lord is so good!!!!

4 comments:

Wheeler Family said...

We've been thinking about & praying for you a lot. Maycee's been worried about you. We'll be praying about your trip to Mayo.

Bley's Blog said...

We have also been praying...and we will pray that your trip will be a safe and productive one! Happy Thanksgiving!

lewiscrew5 said...

God Bless you and your family. praying for safety as you travel and you will be able to endure the test and travel.

Dave Ja Vu said...

I wondered what happened! I kept checking your blog and thinking it was strange that there were no updates!

I'm very thankful you're okay. How scary. We'll be praying for you!