CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

decorating the tree

Last night we decided it would be our last chance to put up the Christmas tree before Michael and I left for Rochester. It is always been a special daddy and daughter thing to put up the tree, I always focus on decorating the rest of the house. I sure am glad we did put the tree up we really debated the issue because we are going to be gone, but Christmas with out the tree?? Assembly line unstringing the garland. I really think this is the last year for this silver strand!!

Peek-a-boo
Stringing lights

Every year I get the girls thier own special ornament. So now they have accumulated quite a few "special" ornaments. It is so cool every year for them to look and admire their collections. Our tree is too full of Brittnae and Breanns ornaments so the other ornaments I have accumulated over the years just stay in a special box for a later date.
This is Michael's idea of decorating-- tickle time. As you can see Brittnae is no where to be found during this "torture time"
The finished Tree:) I do have presents under there now. Do you think the girls will leave them alone while we are away?









6 comments:

Charlie said...

Looked like a fun family time together. Have a safe trip.
We are praying for you and the family... :)

Charlie

Grandma Joy said...

So glad you were able to get your tree up. We are praying for you!

Dave Ja Vu said...

Love the new ornament every year thing and wanna know why? I do the same thing. Granted, I've only done it twice now, but in 25 years, all my kids will have a collection of ornaments from their dad. I love little traditions like that...

Bley's Blog said...

Looks great! We also do the new ornament every year thing, although we are like Dave, and haven't done it too many years. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun time. Your tree looks great. Teresa

sixbehrs said...

Hmmmm...when I was about your girls' ages, I didn't always leave presents alone....ya know, just a tiny peek doesn't hurt :-)